Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Script is approved

So my publisher approved the script I've written for him. Which means, time to tackle the art.

The first issue comes out in January, but I'd like to have at least three issues done by then. As I write this, it is around the end of June, so I have about 6 months. Theoretically, that should be plenty of time. More than plenty of time. But, again, I don't do this full time. I can't afford to do it full time. My time is limited until after I get home from my "real" job, and to the weekends.

I won't repeat what I've said in other posts on my blog, but time management is going to be incredibly important. I've got to impose deadlines on myself, otherwise, I can see it taking one month just to get a few pages done. And if that is the case, well, I just hope I can sort through it and make it work.

So, tonight, I figure I'll sort through my art supplies, and see what I need to buy. The timing of all this is actually good, because I've a three-day weekend with July 4th coming up; I can spend some time getting back in the swing of doing art in a timely manner, opposed to drawing for five minutes and walking around to take a break. lol I tend to have anxiety issues when I draw, so I find it hard to concentrate. It's like trying to push an ocean through a cocktail straw sometimes. But, need to do it. It will be challenging on a personal level.

I just have to keep reminding myself, Jack Kirby could do it, Jack Kirby could do it.

And we're off.

No comments:

Post a Comment